HWA Charter Member
We understand that consumers and industry are familiar with the notion of manufacturing standards. The hot water industry, like all manufacturing businesses, are governed by standards, be them British or European. A product that adheres to manufacturing standards; whilst reassuring, is not unexpected.
Gledhill, along with members of the Hot Water Association (HWA) has developed an additional standards framework, which each member company signs up to – The HWA Charter.
The HWA Charter
The Charter offers consumers quality assurance, product satisfaction, and confidence in the manufacturer, that they will deliver a service beyond just supplying the product.
The HWA Charter Code of Practice requires that, all members adhere to the following:
- To supply fit for purpose products clearly and honestly described
- To supply products that meet, or exceed appropriate standards and building and water regulations
- To provide pre and post sales technical support
- To provide clear and concise warranty details to customers
Charter members are independently audited before the status of charter member is awarded. Independent governance supports the charter principle of being clear and honest. Not only do members have to comply with the charters standards, they also have to show an external accreditor how they do it.
A committed industry
Gledhill, along with other members, will continue to periodically review and develop the charter standards, making sure that they maintain the standards set for the industry, and also continue to deliver on the needs of today’s consumers.
HWA charter members are committed to providing hot water storage solutions that not only meet manufacturing standards, but deliver the ‘full package’, product, support, service and all.
Engineers working with charter member products can expect:
- Clear and complete fitting instructions
- After-sales support, with easy access to help and advice, including technical support
- Spare parts if required
- Clear terms and conditions for product warranty
For further information on the HWA Charter Membership go to www.hotwater.org.uk.
Take a look at the HWA Hot Water Cylinder Consumer Servicing Guide